Thursday, November 24, 2011

Reiki Master in the Making

At SoulCentre, we teach all levels of Reiki, from beginners to Master level. People can progress at their own pace to reach a level of Reiki Mastery appropriate to their needs.

In 2012 we will be appointing Accredited Reiki Teacher Trainers to work alongside us to take Reiki to a wider audience. These will be senior, dedicated students who have undertaken all levels of Reiki at SoulCentre from beginners to Master level, and who show a passion for sharing.

One dedicated student on the Reiki journey is a lady called Natasha and she lives in France. She has travelled all the way to Singapore to learn with us! Now that is DEDICATION!!!

Read and enjoy her story- its amazing!
Love and Gratitude
Sally


NATASHA GADD (Physiotherapist) - My Story

I graduated from Uni and started working straight away. I was working for about 2 years and really began to get the feeling that something was missing in the way I was treating patients. People would recover from their injury or pain after the sessions, but somehow they would always come back, often with the exact same problem or something similar (the fact that the physio was next to free of charge for them enhanced this movement). I felt the need to help the patient was to realize his problem and help him look after himself. I wanted to learn Balinese massage. I thought that if one of my patients would take time for himself, and pay for a one-hour relaxation massage, they would be able to stop the routine of letting the physio sort out their problems and start looking after themselves.

So after 2 and 1/2 years of practice I set off on my own for Asia, I flew to Asia on 31st December 2009, I had organized my first 2 months of travels and that was it. No return flight was booked, I just told everybody I could be away for 4 to 9 months. I literally sold my car and used that amount of money to finance my trip. I spent January in Bali and learnt their techniques of massage. It was great to combine professional experiences and a huge personal journey also. In February I went to India and studied Ayurvedic treatments, in March and April I flew to Thailand and studied the art of Thai massage. In May I was back in Indonesia teaching anatomy and physiology for spa students. End of may I felt as though my journey was coming to an end because I really wanted to work with what I had learnt (and because I needed to refill my bank account!). But I felt that I needed something extra. The idea of reiki came to mind. I heard my aunt talk about it once, and thought it might be nice. I was in Bali and sent emails to take reiki classes there. The masters I sent the emails to were all overseas for the following months. A friend I had met during my journey had just headed home to Singapore and offered me to stay with his family if I wanted or needed to. I thought it would be great as it would also get me used to city life and ease my trip back to Paris. So I booked a flight to Singapore and also organized my flight home, I booked my flight back to France for the 21st of June I think. I would spend 3 and 1/2 weeks in Singapore before my flight home. I was still thinking about reiki so started checking out places in Singapore.

I saw Sally and Vikas's website (SoulCentre) and many more, but I just kept opening their page again and again, somehow feeling secure with them and their photos just kept popping up in my head for the next few days.

Before leaving Bali I went back on Internet to check out actual dates for classes. Amazingly Sally's reiki 1 course started a few days after I'd arrive, and finished the day I'd go home. It was like it was meant to be. So I started my reiki journey at the end of my trip to Asia. It just put everything into place, and connected everything I had learnt professionally and personally over the last 6 months. The reiki and my journey in Asia have changed me forever. I don't think I have spent a single day without thinking about reiki ever since. I wanted to continue my reiki journey and take the next levels in France. But I just couldn't find anything that suited me. So in December I flew out to Singapore again and studied reiki 2 at SoulCentre with Sally and Vikas.

The way I work as a physio has changed since my journey to Asia. Reiki will of course flow through during treatments and initially I would just pay attention to what I was feeling when giving a normal physio session. I now mix classic physio with the energy meridians, therefore work in different areas than during a normal physio session. I include Thai acupressure everyday, and without realizing it I often have one hand that will just stop in an area. I just go with the flow of what my hands feel and let the reiki do it's work sometimes. I will do only reiki during a session on the patients request. Patients seem to ask more questions about reiki, and that will be when we will chat about it. It is very interesting to see them also interested in the way they think and how they can change that.

So what has been my personal change since Reiki?

Since reiki I feel calm and collected, I seem to seek the better options for myself and have a clearer view of what I want and how I am comfortable living. Reiki helps me center myself and helps me understand the connections between my body's discomforts and my emotions. Since reiki I see a happy, colourful and positive life around me.

My clients views after reiki have been positive, it has helped them to become detached from situations that they usually would worry too much about, more self confidence, has helped them since their personal rhythm they needed for their life, has helped them think about themselves and not only the people around them, to put into perspective situations. For some physio cases, combining naturally reiki and physiotherapy has helped patients heal quicker and better, without them knowing why, and with a better result than physiotherapy on its own.

I have now decided to start my Reiki Master Journey and once more will travel to Singapore to study at SoulCentre with Sally and Vikas……it is just meant to be ;)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

love this girl!!! thanks for charing your story! I met Natasha in India.. see how much we don't know about people :)

Michelle said...

thanks for sharing your story!!!! I met Natasha in INdia.. and am thoroughly enjoying your journey from a far!! much love beautiful girl!! SHine your light on the world!