Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Reiki is Simply Life Changing


Each student finds Reiki when the time is right in their life. They follow the path as far as they desire and no two paths are the same.

Here is a description from Karen (Australia) who started the journey quite by accident and who is still walking the journey to Mastery.

It is always so wonderful to see the change in students and to see them grow and bloom.

Enjoy the story of her journey

Love and Gratitude

Sally

Karen Practicing her Reiki at the St Regis Singapore

HOW HAS REIKI CHANAGED MY LIFE?

It was not a conscious decision of mine to follow the path of reiki. In fact, I didn’t even know what reiki was when I signed up for the level one workshop at the SoulCentre academy.

You see, I live in Australia, but when I am visiting Singapore, I like to attend a workshop or presentation at SoulCentre. They are always fun and extremely informative. I had contacted Sally to find out what was on the weekend I was visiting and was told that it was the module to introduce people to reiki and that I would probably enjoy it as it is a tool that a person could use on themselves.

So that was the start of my journey...I signed up and attended the level one module, completely open minded, still having no idea what reiki was and what the module would involve.

That was nearly two years ago, and since then, I have completed level two and have just started studying at the reiki master level....a continuing journey of self discovery.

Reiki has definitely changed my life... I can still clearly remember the visions and feelings I experienced during the balancing of my own energy.
They were so relevant to what my life was like at the time...it was as if I could see things with such clarity. A wake up call to things that needed addressing in my life!

As soon as I returned to Australia, I told everyone who would listen about reiki, whilst using it daily on myself. I felt so much calmer and able to cope with stresses of everyday life. I could hear and feel my body start to ask for reiki when things were getting too busy. Instead of reaching for medication as soon as I felt unwell, I would turn to reiki. I had people ask me if I was a yoga teacher because I had a certain energy about me and friends would be amazed when their otherwise untrusting dogs ( who were definitely outdoor mutts) would come and lie on my lap!!

Yet reiki is not just about using your hands to balance energies: it is a way of life. There are principles that Dr Usui (the person who rediscovered this modern day reiki) recommended people live by. As I strive to incorporate them into my life, my daily routines have changed, and so too has my way of thinking.

I count my blessings everyday and aim not to stress, worry or become angry, although this is sometimes hard to do, I am becoming more aware of my thoughts and make a much more conscious effort at nipping them in the bud!!!

I frequently hear my friends moaning about doing favors for others or taking part in activities that they did not want to do. A few years ago, this would have been me as well, constantly doing things to please others. Since learning reiki, I have learned to say “no” more often, and even as a busy wife and mom, take the time to consider my needs as well. In this way, reiki has given me back the control over my life. I feel that I am taking responsibility for my decisions and actions.

Jack (her son) Following in Mom's Footsteps
I perform reiki on myself, my family, friends and anyone else who wants to experience the wonderful benefits of it.  As I mentioned, I am now studying to be a master of reiki. My life has changed for the better because of it (and I am sure it will continue to do so). It is definitely a passion of mine and I would love to continue to introduce others to reiki, to demonstrate to them how they too can benefit from reiki in their lives. My long term goal though, is to be able to teach people how to perform reiki on themselves...to have it permanently at their fingertips!

It is hard to explain to anyone who has not experienced reiki exactly what it feels like...I would recommend anyone interested to just try it and give it a go. It can’t do any harm, and you never know...you might just enjoy it!!!


Karen Ward
Physiotherapist
Australia




No comments: