Saturday, March 17, 2012

Reiki Healing Stories

Today we interview the beautiful Louise about her amazing Reiki journey and the benefits she has seen in her life as a result.

Louise has studied from level 1, all the way to Reiki Master Level and has just completed her Reiki Master exam with flying colors!

Congratulations Louise, a truly dedicated and passionate student ;)

I hope you share your Reiki Therapy and Wisdom with others...


So Louise what brought you to Reiki?

I’ve always had an open mind about alternative and holistic therapies and after developing some troubling back and neck issues as a teenager I investigated various therapies including reflexology, acupuncture and Chiropractic treatment.  They were all helpful at relieving symptoms on a short term basis but the underlying issues remained.

By the time I was in my twenties it had become very obvious to me there was a fundamental link between my emotional state and the condition of my back.  I had been labelled as depressed when I was young and had suffered from lack of confidence and self doubt most of my life. 

One day I was discussing my need to take more responsibility for my overall health with my chiropractor when she confided in me that she had also suffered from depression and found Reiki very helpful.  I had heard of Reiki but knew nothing about it and so with an open mind I booked an appointment.

At the first session I was amazed at what I was experiencing on a physical and emotional level and I immediately booked another appointment.  I quickly became fascinated and curious about what Reiki was and wanted to know more.  Sharon told me she also taught and suggested it would be a good idea for me to learn for myself.  She didn’t have to ask twice and in November 2009 I took Reiki first degree with her.

Before I had a chance to progress to the next level my husband’s company offered him a role in Singapore.  When he asked how I felt about going I simply said, “if I can study Reiki over there I will happily go”, I jumped on the internet and typed in Singapore Reiki and enough hits came up to reassure me.  We left for Singapore a couple of months later!

Once we had settled in I started my search for a Reiki teacher I was comfortable with.  After a few false starts I came to SoulCentre and met Sally and knew immediately I was in the right place.  Her enthusiasm and authenticity were infectious and I signed up to retake the first degree straight away.  I knew I wanted to learn all the way to master level right from the outset and I felt it was important to start the journey from the beginning again with Sally.

What Benefits have you seen personally since learning Reiki?

I have benefited in so many ways since learning Reiki.  For me what has been key is that Reiki truly gets to grips with the mind body connection.  It teaches right from the start that without a happy mind there cannot be a happy (healthy) body.  It provides a framework for how to live your best life and by following this guidance I have been able to let go of the negative labels I had attached to myself for so long and happiness and peace have found their way in.

Reiki also focuses on the importance of healing yourself first before giving to others and I believe very strongly this is essential if you are to treat others successfully.

On a physical level I experience significantly less back pain and have learnt to listen to my body rather than ignoring or masking symptoms.

I am much more aware of my self-talk which allows me to recognise quickly when it is negative and turn it around.  As my understanding of who I really am and what I have to offer increases I live with more purpose.  My energy levels have gone up and I have found the confidence to move away from the people and situations that don’t support the real me.

How has Reiki Helped your family?

It’s great to have a method of healing which can be used anywhere, any time and without the need for any equipment.  I have given my husband Reiki for neck pain in a shopping mall!  You might not always be in the best environment to give Reiki but you can do something to help.

I gave my husband’s knee Reiki when he developed an injury whilst training for an event last year and he’s convinced it made the difference and allowed him to still take part.

It’s also a comfort to know I can use distant healing for my friends and family back in the UK.  My mum recently called me to ask if I would send distant Reiki to a close friend who had just been diagnosed with breast cancer and it’s so nice to be able to help in those situations.

On an emotional level Reiki has benefited my relationship with my husband as I am a calmer, happier person.  I always thought we communicated well and knew each other fully but as I’ve been able to accept myself more and more my ability to express my true feelings has really helped us work together as a team.  In fact he’s so impressed with the benefits of Reiki he’s signed up to do first degree Reiki at the SoulCentre!

Any Advice to others considering Reiki?

I would urge anyone who is interested to try it; you never know where it might lead!

No comments: