Sunday, March 11, 2012

A SoulKids Mentor in training at SoulCentre Academy: Interview with Catelijne Botterweck

Tell us a little about yourself…

My name is Catelijne Botterweck, 33 years old and mother of 3 young kids. I gave up my career (temporarily) when we moved from Holland to Singapore in February 2009, and after the first year of enjoying the life of an expat wife, I felt the need to do something that really would give me fulfillment. I also realized that this period of my life could be much more meaningful if I would take more opportunities to personally grow, to get out of my comfort zone and do other and new things. Then my eye fell on SoulCentre and SoulKids Mentor training. Something triggered me, and the free talk was so inspiring that I just knew I had to go for it.


What do you like about SoulKids Mentor Training?

The SoulKids Mentor training is very inspiring. You learn more about yourself, about life, about relationships, about the role of a parent and much more. It gives you so many valuable life lessons. Positive thinking, taking your life in your own hands, becoming successful, being happy, really doing something with your life….in the end it’s all about how the mind works. I like every aspect of the training and as a bonus I got to know great new people. I can’t wait to work with kids or teenagers and helping them grow by learning all these life skills.

How has the training influenced you?

The SoulKids Mentor training influenced me first and foremost in making me think about my life and my goals. It made me realize that I have to live my life to the fullest and that whatever I’ll be is up to me! Of course, part of this life mission is to help my kids grow up to become healthy, happy and beloved people. But apart from that, I am still Catelijne with my own life goals. I was searching for personal growth, and I definitely found it with this training. Who would have thought a year ago that I would be on stage singing and dancing, writing articles, and studying again!

What has been the most inspiring lesson so far?

I must say that there are so many inspiring lessons in this training. There are many stories and they all have their own valuable lessons. What stays on the top of my mind is that the only reason that you are where you are right now, is you. Everything in your life has sprouted from your own mind. No one can keep you small, but yourself. No one can stop you from reaching your goal, but yourself. This really was my ‘kick in the butt’ to start taking action!

How do you think the children will benefit from SoulKids?

I think every child will benefit from the SoulKids training. I wish I knew all this wisdom when I was young. Then, I maybe would have made other decisions in what courses to take in high school, which study to choose, what type of job to take or what hobby’s to put more time in. In the SoulKids program, kids learn how to become successful and happy, how to make friends, to cooperate, to think positive about yourself and others. They understand where fears come from, how to overcome them, but above all; they learn that they are free to be whatever they want to be, and that they can reach their goals with the right mindset.

There are so many people in the world being bored or unhappy with their life. They don’t know how to change it, and just take their life for granted. Why chose for mediocrity if you can have excellence? Why choose to be unhappy if you also can choose to be happy?

Why not start now and give your kids the right example? SoulKids is the way!

No comments: